Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Down, Dirty and Disheveled

I'm feeling a little under the weather, and annoyed. I cooked like a fool on Sunday but didn't get to knit. I knitted on Saturday but didn't cook. I'm out of sorts and touchy. It's fall coming on in all of it's unkempt, windblown chilliness. Despite all of the preparations I made to ease myself into Fall, it's as if I were entering a cold swimming pool on a cool, windy day. Immersing myself an inch at a time, alternating holding my breath, wincing and hyperventilating. I'm a major wuss when it comes to cold.

Don't get me started on the dark.

Add a sick parakeet into the mix and I'm ready to pack it in. Winter isn't even here yet.

Allow me to avert my gaze from my navel for a moment and focus on the world outside. Oh, look! People are going on living their lives having fun. I wonder if I can do that too. Let's see, I'm heading to Europe next month for two weeks. I'm healthy and strong, my kids are well. I think I'm just going to have to suck it up.

Got my Ravelry invite yesterday. Signed in and started entering projects. I don't know if this is another place for me to torture myself at not being good enough, but I'm game to try it, and it links to my blog - how very nice!

No comments: