Monday, December 17, 2007

My Christmas Wishes

Bah Humbug aside, these can be some of my favorite days. There is no pressure to be outside and I can bake and cook to my heart's content and no one thinks the worse of me. Except me, when I eat 3 scones in one day. I know, it's pathetic, but they were sooooo good.

I've finished my shopping and sent off all of the cards I'm going to send. I've done a better job of not feeling guilty about what I have or haven't done this year. My kids are heading to their Dad's for this Christmas, in Hawai'i. That's a tougher nut to crack for me. I don't seem to have what it takes to let that one roll off of my back. Maybe that is why I've been so cranky about all things kids and Christmas. I'm feeling like the Grinch and my heart is three sizes too small.

So my Christmas wishes, aside from world peace and an end to hunger are as follows:

That my children will continue to find their way in the world in such an exemplary fashion as they have so far.

That Marc will find more peace in that belfry he calls a head. He deserves it at least as much if not more that most.

That my parents will continue healthy for a little while longer. I'm just not ready yet.

That I can begin the dig to creativity and unearth the fossilized remains in belly dance, knitting, blogging and in the kitchen.

That I can find employment that pays well while I am enjoying myself and staying busy. I know, Universe, that I've got to be a lot more specific, but right now it's all I got.

OK, ready set - GO!

No comments: