Tuesday, January 8, 2008

OMG it's, it's a p-p-p-p-PRIUS!

I'm not quite sure where to start, but my Sweetie and I have been car shopping. It's been an intense process full of twists and turns. Both he and I have different ideas of what is important and what constitutes proper due diligence when looking at cars. I look at Consumer Reports for reliability and safety. He looks at Edmonds.com for tips on pricing, resale value and depreciation. I look at cuteness and how bitchin' someone appears while driving the vehicle, he checks out literage of the engine and the trueness of the alignment.

Together we make a force to be reckoned with when shopping for a car.

Add to the fact that he knows how to bargain and we made another big purchase together. A 2008 blue Prius. I love it so much I would marry it if I wasn't already sort of married to my Sweetie, cuz, well, that would be bigamy.

Holy Hybrid Engine Batman what a great car. I literally couldn't wait to get into the car last night to drive it home. I watched the numbers float between 50 and 75 MPG on the monitor. The numbers weren't the only things floating. The car is quiet and drives like a magic carpet. I had so much energy when I got home I walked the dog.

The money I could save on gas is insane at $3.00 a gallon. At $4.00 I get light headed just thinking about it.

There is a part of me that thinks I just do not deserve this car, and another part of me that thinks life is short and good things are meant to be enjoyed. Aside from the fact that my Sweetie is not here to enjoy it with me (he had to go back to the East Coast last night) I'm going to bask in this lovely bit of fun and luxury while it lasts.

Last one to the gas pump wins!

No comments: