Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Urge to Knit Part II


Just found out the yarn for the project I am currently obsessing over will cost in the neighborhood of 150 dollars. While I'd love to have that kind of dough to do that kind of sweater - I just don't. I'm not the only person in this boat. In fact I think there is a whole barge full of us. I surfed the web to see if I could come up with a suitable replacement yarn. Again, I'm not the only one on this search. The pattern for the Oriel Lace Blouse has caught many knitters imaginations.

I may have to punt and do a modern Aryan in Merino and Silk and be happy. I think that I will be able to find a substitute someday. On that day it will be full speed ahead. There seems to be classes of knitters. Some love patterns, some love color and some magical people can combine both. Me, I can't carry color to save my life. Maybe that's precisely the reason I should try it.

No comments: