Friday, August 24, 2007

Adventuring I will go

In another (perhaps lame) attempt at stretching myself in honor of my 50th I am going to a weekend long Blue Grass music concert. The Northwest String Summit. Why would I subject myself to this you might ask? Well mostly because my sweetie plays the mandolin. I'm excited to go, but also dreading it. I don't sit for long periods of time and do nothing very often. It makes me really, really nervous to do that. For one I think of all the things I could be doing - like scrubbing the grout or folding laundry. Well funny thing but I've done all that already. The house is clean and will be fine for a few days. I also seem to have a fear of staying up too late. For some people, like my sweetie, that seems to be the whole point of life. Even my kids thinks it's great to stay up late. I must not have that gene. I think they got it from their Dad.

So I'm going to take some knitting. So I can finish my sock and perhaps cast on for the Oriel Lace Blouse.

No comments: