Thursday, June 28, 2007

Driving Miss Daisy crazy

My kids are home for two days before they head to an island paradise for 5 weeks with their Dad. I'm glad they are going because they need to spend that time with their Dad, but I still can't help but feel he does not deserve them. I'm sure I am wrong about that, but I can't help how I feel.

My Darlin' man is making me crazy right now. I'm seeing that he is very insecure and needs more reassurance than I realized. I am going far beyond my usual efforts to provide loving comments and support for him. The funny thing is, the more nice things I say, the more insulting and harsh things he has to say back. I brought him beautiful raspberries and strawberries freshly picked. He takes one look at them and pronounces them "dog turds". Not in a mean way. Like it's so hysterically funny. Which I guess it would be if I didn't feel like a simple thank you and a smile would have gone over so much better.

Not sure what to do about that. I just wonder if I can do this trade nice for nasty for the long term. I don't say nice things just to get something back, but I do think every time something nice is said, a dirty joke need not be the only and every response. Dunno, maybe it's just me.

No comments: