Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I knit therefore I blog

I suspect someone else will have used that title before. But I'm fine with that. I've been knitting a bit more and using my new Schact hand spindle to spin a fine single just to keep my hand in. It hurts too much to sit down to spin sometimes. Standing is a nice change.

I'm going to try and head out to the pdx knit bloggers meeting at Starbuck's in Tanasbourne tonight. I'm excited to meet up with some of the folks whose blogs I read each day. I want to make more connections as I feel the connection to my oldest daughter slip away.

I want to stay connected to my youngest daughter who still needs me very much. It's a delicate balance. One that is made all the more difficult by the fact that my oldest is being viciously unkind to everyone. Especially to me.

I;m wondering if this is a failing of my mothering of her, or just normal 16 year old behaviour. Everyone tells me, she'll be back in 15 years or so. I don't know if I can wait that long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure your daughter is going through a phase right now. She will miss you when she goes off to college!

How did the meeting go? I always forget the night they meet and I never go. I would like to go sometime! This week we are working in the yard and we need to get our veg. patch planted ASAP because we're going to Leavenworth this weekend.