Saturday, July 19, 2008

Can't remember the last time this happened

I worked on my handspun bamboo today. I tried a center pull ball for plying and used a hand spindle to perform the plying. It was a bit of a knotted up mess, but the finished product was terrific for my first try at the fiber. I've put it into a warm bath and it's now hanging in the shower to dry.

I looked up to see what time it was and it was only 3:00. I've spent the morning cleaning the house and working in the yard and expected it to be like one of my normal way too busy, way to much stuff to do day. I accomplished the things I wanted to and still had time to lose myself in the act of creating yarn.

Yummy! I consider my Tour de Fleece to have been a total success and it's not even over yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Got my wheel at Woodland woolworks. I don't know if you will be able to see the finished socks other than the photo. I'm giving them to my mom for her bday next week. I am working and can't go to knit night :(