Friday, July 11, 2008

Got Yarn?

My yarn filled box o' fun arrived from Blue Moon last night. In the box was also a binder and other fun things, like a NSK (notorious sock knitter) sticker or two.

My niece Georgia, who is now in her 20's is the muse for the way I feel opening the box. When she was 5 she had a freckled face and curly hair. When she was happy she would nearly shake with excitement, her shoulders lifted up to her ears. Her face sported an ear to ear grin that said it all. This is the coolest, most fun thing EVER!

If you could see me right now, that's the look I've got, shoulders lifted, goofy grin and shaking with excitement. I brought the binder with me to work. I think any non-knitter would take a look at the binder and cry OCD, me I just smile and dig in. This woman has work she loves and she is fully immersed. I'd love to know that feeling.

In Tour de Fleece news - children cover your eyes - I managed to spin, knit and "christen" our new bed last night. Sigh! It was fabulous, and I'm not just talking about the yarn.

No comments: