Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The first day of the rest of my life

My kids are in Hawaii safe and sound. I have verified this over the phone. Mission accomplished, the Eagle has landed, insert your favorite got the job done metaphor here.

Damn, but I am tired. I'm looking forward to having a four day weekend coming up over 4th of July and spending time plodding about slowly and deliberately like a plow horse. It will be a change from my usual hummingbird behavior.

Back to the kids. More and more I remind myself that the time is coming near that I won't be spending but the smallest fraction of my time with them. It's good, and sad and I need to keep focusing my attention outward to begin making the connections I'll need to survive the transition.

I think these socks will do rather nicely.

No comments: